"Absorb what is useful.
Reject what is useless.
Add what is essentially your own."
- Bruce Lee
- I'm a student of how things age.
- Mornings: my spine and my joints.
- Afternoons: building software and teams.
- Evenings: nutrition, learning, and family.
- Email: ammar dot x dot mian at gmail dot com
- Scale - Geoffrey West
- Old Masters and Young Geniuses - David Galenson
- The Dao of Capital - Mark Spitznagel
- The Architecture of Database Systems - Michael Stonebraker
- Currently on hiatus. Be back soon!
My Guiding Aphorisms
- There is a difference between intellectual understanding and intuitive understanding. One is domain dependent.
- First, do something extraordinary, solely for yourself. Only then do you begin to share with others. Only then do you teach others. A student always finds teachers, and the best teachers tend to be the best students.
- Simple movements with variable resistance, repeated and combined together, form compound expressions.
- There is a roundabout logic to life. Goal-orientation is the wrong orientation.
- How a thing breaks tells you more about it than how a thing lives.